Leading engineering teams that work with emerging technologies to amplify the ambitions of designers.
- recruiting and management of engineering employees, contractors, and vendors
- front-end and behind-the-scenes software development with a modern web stack
- project concepting, scoping and estimation
- technology selection and systems architecture
- technical project management
- design and implementation of QA and CI/CD processes
Leading an engineering team that works with designers to prototype PlayStation features using the same technologies as in production. We use those prototypes to refine designs, test with users, and provide a starting place for production implementation.
Obscura Digital (acquired by Madison Square Garden)
Led a distributed team that designed and implemented hardware platforms behind large-scale immersive experiences for agency clients and MSG Sphere.
- Directed the production of playback systems for high-resolution video content using projection, LED, and traditional displays.
- Created and managed a team to build an ingestion and rendering pipeline to handle super-resolution content in a hybrid on-premises/cloud infrastructure.
- Negotiated multiple $1M+ vendor agreements for hardware and software.
- Managed a team that provided external and internal customer support for large-format video installations and custom VR tools.
Managed all technical disciplines of a digital agency across multiple offices, including software development, systems engineering, QA, deployment, and support. Deployed projects in the US, Europe, Asia, and Middle East.
- Recruited engineering staff, freelancers, and vendors, converging a broad set of capabilities to apply to client projects.
- Collaborated with sales and design teams to translate project requirements into realistic timelines and budgets which landed client engagements.
- Implemented standards for developing, testing, deploying, supporting, and documenting projects, ensuring robustness and 24/7 operation.
- Promoted R&D of environmental sensing technologies based on Bluetooth, RFID, ultra-wideband, and computer vision, which enabled interaction beyond touchscreens.
- Built monitoring and show-control tools like am/pmam/pm, RingmasterRingmaster, and XSPXSP to ensure continuous operation and reduce repetitive engineering tasks.
- Directed the engineering behind immersive projects at One World ObservatoryOne World Observatory, GenentechGenentech, OUE SkyspaceOUE Skyspace, and moremore, which have run continuously for years.
- Embedded with the design team to translate static design comps into fluid, functioning software.
- Created bulletproof and flexible applications on prototype hardware and a rudimentary software toolkit.
Worked as a freelance developer for digital agencies, leading front-end development of interactive web projects.
- Implemented projects with agencies like POSSIBLE, Second Story, and Belle & Wissell.
- Worked with clients like Microsoft, Starbucks, Comcast, The Smithsonian, Seattle University, and the University of Washington.
- Navigated the challenges of running a small business, including legal and financial concerns.
Led the engineering of web-based interactive and gaming projects for clients such as Adobe, Disney, Nintendo, and Nickelodeon.
Led the development of web projects for clients such as Microsoft, Seattle's Best Coffee, Washington Mutual, and AT&T that pushed the boundaries of the web at the time.
Built marketing content for the high-traffic real.com site using the limited capabilities of early-generation browsers.
Art Institute of Seattle
"Multimedia" was defined literally in this program to include painting, drawing, lighting, video and audio production, typography, graphic design, and computer programming.
Included in the Microsoft MVP program under the Surface discipline, first awarded in 2011 and renewed in 2012 and 2013.
Participated in a panel discussion at the Microsoft MIX conference on the future of natural user interfaces.
Stimulant was chosen as the subject for an in-depth feature in Communication Arts, an honor given to a single agency each year.
- Design Award (Merit), How Interactive, OUE Skyspace LAOUE Skyspace LA, 2017
- Interactive Award, Gold, Horizon Interactive Awards, OUE Skyspace LAOUE Skyspace LA, 2016
- The FWA of the Day, The FWA, OUE Skyspace LAOUE Skyspace LA, 2016
- Thea Awards for Outstanding Achievement, Themed Entertainment Association, Visitor Map at One World TradeVisitor Map at One World Trade, 2015
- Merit Award, How Interactive Design Awards, Bing Search for SurfaceBing Search for Surface, 2013
- Best Museum Environment (Gold), Event Design Awards, Intel Ultrabook ExhibitIntel Ultrabook Exhibit, 2013
- Merit Award, How Interactive Design Awards, LoopLoop for Sifteo CubesLoopLoop for Sifteo Cubes, 2013
- Best Tradeshow Exhibit (Gold), Event Marketer Ex Awards, Intel CES BoothIntel CES Booth, 2013
- Best Use of Technology (Gold), Event Design Awards, Intel CES BoothIntel CES Booth, 2013
- Merit Award, How Interactive Design Awards, Intel CES BoothIntel CES Booth, 2013
- Winner "Best in Category, Expressing" and "Best in Show", IxDA Interaction Awards, LoopLoop for Sifteo CubesLoopLoop for Sifteo Cubes, 2012
- Experiential Exhibits (Gold), Exhibit Design Awards, Intel CES BoothIntel CES Booth, 2012
- Best Use of a Single Technology (Silver), Event Technology Awards, Intel CES BoothIntel CES Booth, 2012
- Recruited and managed volunteers for various art+tech events, from small workshops to one-night events to a multi-day festival and conference, CODAME, 2018
- Produced "Meta MirrorMeta Mirror", a projection piece at the "Luminary" event, Future Fires, 2017
- Assisted in various roles at the "Artificial Experiences" event, CODAME, 2016
- Assisted in various roles at the 2016 Gray Area Festival, Gray Area Foundation For The Arts, 2016